This week the guys break down the news out of London from the Justice League set. Is it all damage control or generating buzz and what it may or may not mean for the DC expanded universe films.
The Details of
- It’s a standalone movie titled Justice League and will have a lighter tone; it’s a fun ensemble focusing on the team coming together to take on a common threat.
- The movie will be heavily influenced by Jack Kirby and revolves around the quest for three Mother Boxes; one on Earth, one in Atlantis, and one in Themyscira.
- Justice League takes place months after the events of Batman v Superman.
- A big chunk of the movie will focus on Batman assembling the team, with Superman set to return a little later on. Rocking a possible super mullet
- Steppenwolf has yet to be cast and will be one of the main villains. Darkseid’s influence will be felt, the Parademons will appear, and Lex Luthor may have some sort of role.
- Batman will upgrade his suit and we’ll see a new version of his armoured suit towards the end of the movie.
- Bruce Wayne builds a jet called the “Flying Fox” for the team to use.
- Batman will have a new vehicle called the “Nightcrawler” designed by his father.
- Willem Dafoe is playing Vulko, a mentor to Aquaman.
- Mera is a warrior and sorceress and her costume which have chainmail which blends in with her skin.
- J.K. Simmons will have the classic Commissioner Gordon look.
- The Flash’s initial costume will be pieced together by space suits and held together by wire. However, Batman later creates a much more streamlined suit for him to wear.
- Cyborg’s costume will be 100% CGI.
- Junkie XL is scoring the movie, but Hans Zimmer’s role has yet to be confirmed.
- The movie is set to hit theaters on November 17, 2017 — the twenth-fifth anniversary of the release of Superman #75, the best-selling finale to “Doomsday!: The Death of Superman.”
Here is a link to the article Christian referenced. Great read.
Like us on Facebook:
Subscribe to the podcast here at
Lybsyn Directory here:
Wanna tell us something ? email us @