It’s time again for the comic con to end all comic con’s the San Diego Comic con 2016. The brightest spot in a geeks galaxy highlighting everything we love in comics, film, TV and toys. What’s new and what’s coming next. Everything we live for and, we won’t be there. But if you will be there or even if you’re not the guys break down what to expect from some of the biggest panels in Hall H, Ballroom 20 and all around the world’s largest comic con. Plus, some news and reactions from Star Wars Celebration Europe and a full on Ghostbusters Review. This week on The House of Gozer Podcast.
The Latest Rouge One Poster
The House of Gozer Podcast
Guide to SDCC 2016
Thurs July 21st
- Richard Hatch (Tom Zarek, Capt Apollo hosts a Q&A and fan discussion of Universal’s forthcoming relaunch of the Battlestar Galactica franchise. Dr. Kevin Grazier (science consultant for Battlestar Galactica, Ureka, Falling Skies, Defiance), producer Alec Peter (Propworks, Axanar), Rob Burnett (Free Enterprise), and surprise guests present theatrical videos and comic reels.
- Join members from the Transformers story and design teams along with talent from Machinima for a sneak peek at the upcoming digital series Combiner Wars! The team will also host a Q&A session to answer your burning questions.
- The world’s greatest superheroes return to television in Justice League Action, an all-new quarter-hour animated series. Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman lead the DC superheroes against their most infamous foes in adventures packed with relentless thrills, fun and action. No need to wait for the good stuff to start; each 11-minute episode jumps in with lightning-paced action and heroics. Whether defending the Earth, facing invaders from space, or battling the bizarre forces of magic, the always-rotating team of Justice League heroes are up to any challenge. Producers Butch Lukic and Alan Burnett and voice cast members Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series) and Diedrich Bader (Batman The Brave and The Bold) present an exclusive sneak peek coming soon to Cartoon Network.
- Eugene “Rod” Roddenberry (executive producer, 2017 Star Trek TV series, son of Gene Roddenberry) and Trevor Roth (executive producer, 2017 Star Trek TV series) will be showing a special 5-minute Star Trek celebration video, releasing some exclusive material from the Roddenberry Vault, and partaking in a Q&A session moderated by Tory Mell (producer, convention director at Roddenberry Entertainment).
- The galaxy’s greatest comic celebrates its 2,000th issue and the impending 40th anniversary with a special panel. Superstar artists Jock and Lee Garbett, plus Judge Dredd writer Rob Williams, are on hand for an hour of 2000 AD announcements, chat, and laughs!
- Celebrate the legacy of the Transformers characters and stories that have led you to Robots in Disguise.
- Get an exclusive sneak peek of the upcoming third season, plus the debut of a Comic-Con exclusive original video that’s sure to go viral. Showrunner/executive producer/director/writer Carlton Cuse, co-creator/executive producer/writer Chuck Hogan, and stars Kevin Durand (Vasiliy Fet), Ruta Gedmintas (Dutch Velders), Richard Sammel (Thomas Eichhorst), and Miguel Gomez (Augustin “Gus” Elizalde) discuss the challenges of bringing this chilling world to life.
- The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman longtime artist of The Walking Dead Charlie Adlard, and Skybound Entertainment editorial director Sean Mackiewicz discuss all thingsThe Walking Dead and what’s to come for the comics series as it approaches its 160th issue.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show is an all-new star-studded reimagining of the cult classic, which is celebrating 40 years of theatrical distribution, longer than any other film in history, for broadcast television! Sweethearts Janet (Victoria Justice) and Brad (Ryan McCartan) stumble upon Dr. Frank-N-Furter’s (Laverne Cox) bizarre abode. Frank-N-Furter, a sexually ambiguous, flirtatious alien mad scientist, with the help of his faithful servants Riff Raff (Reeve Carney) and Magenta (Christina Milian), is holding an annual Transylvanian science convention to showcase the birth of Rocky Horror (Staz Nair), a fit, attractive man created solely to fulfill Frank’s desires. Join cast and producers for an exclusive first look at the two-hour event premiering this fall on FOX.
On Friday July 22nd
- The panel will discuss where the series left off in May’s finale and what to look forward to when it picks up in August. Join the panelists for a Q&A session and an official sneak preview of the second half of season 2.
- in a panel moderated by Chris Hardwick (The Nerdist,Talking Dead). The panelists will discuss the shocking finale of season 6 and a sneak peek into season 7, debuting in October on AMC.
- Based on the bestselling fantasy book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin, HBO’s Emmy and Golden Globe-winning series Game of Thronesconcluded its 10-episode sixth season in June and will begin filming its seventh season later this year. The series, executive produced and written by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, is an epic story of treachery and nobility, set on the continent of Westeros, where summers and winters can last years. Cast panelists include (in alphabetical order) John Bradley Liam Cunningham, Nathalie Emmanuel Conleth Hill Faye Marsay, Hannah Murray , Kristian Nairn Iwan Rheon Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark, and Isaac Hempstead Wright as Bran Stark. Moderated by Rob McElhenney (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia).
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. executive producer and head of Marvel Television Jeph Loeb and cast members Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Henry Simmons, Elizabeth Henstridge, and Iain De Caestecker, share the secrets, lies, and dangers of making season 3! See exclusive footage and surprise moments, and be the first to learn what’s in store for season 4!
- H. Jon Benjamin, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman, John Roberts, Kristen Schaal, and Larry Murphy) bring their Emmy Award-winning animated FOX series Bob’s Burgers to San Diego for another unforgettable panel. The cast and creative team behind one of America’s most beloved TV families will have you howling with laughter with never-before-seen footage.
- Never before has DC Entertainment been more popular in TV, video games, home videos, and movie theaters. And with an impressive film slate and countless shows in series and production, it has never been a better time to be a DC fan! The people behind the scenes who translate the page to the screen show how your favorite stories and characters come to life!
- For nine years, Mark L. Miller has gathered a talented group of horror film and comic creators to discuss and dissect the horrors they make and what (if anything) scares them. This year, Mickey Keating (Carnage Park, POD director), Mike Flanagan (Oculus, Hush director), Radio Silence (V/H/S, Southbound directors), and Matt Pizzolo (Black Mask Studios producer) will talk about how to reinvent the horror genre, pushing new limits, twisting old concepts, and crafting brand new terrors to keep you up at night!
- After experiencing the heart-pounding season 2 finale, be among the first to get the scoop on what’s in store for season 3! See a special video presentation followed by a panel with series stars as well as executive producers Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars) and Diane Ruggiero-Wright (Veronica Mars). iZOMBIE returns midseason with all-new episodes on The CW. iZOMBIE: The Complete Second Season will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on July 12.
- Executive producers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg join comic book co-creator and series co-executive producer Garth Ennis and members of the cast including Dominic Cooper, Ruth Negga, Joseph Gilgun, Ian Colletti and Graham McTavish in a panel moderated by Kevin Smith, to discuss the first season of the hit series. Join the panelists for a live reading of the newest episode, airing Sunday, July 24 at 9pm on AMC, followed by a Q&A session.
- It’s the return of the Chanels! Season 2 of Scream Queens graduates from the college campus and into an abandoned hospital purchased by Dean Munch (Jamie Lee Curtis). Set two years later, the Chanels (Emma Roberts, Billie Lourd, and Abigail Breslin), Hester (Lea Michele), and Zayday (Keke Palmer) are now hospital employees as they embark on another terrifyingly funny murder mystery full of the most fascinating and bizarre medical cases ever diagnosed. Jamie Lee Curtis, Emma Roberts, Lea Michele, and others engage in a star-studded season 1 tell-all, with exclusive details on the new season premiering this fall on Fox. There’s a new killer in town, but this time . . . it’s no devil!
- Ian Ziering, Tara Reid, Ryan Newman, Stacey Dash, Cody Linley, Masiela Lusha and director Anthony Ferrante will whet your appetite for the explosive new sequel in the pop culture juggernaut that is Sharknado! See exclusive clips of the fourth installment airing this July 31 on Syfy. The cast and director will share stories from the set, explain why the story takes place five years into the future, and reveal how just many sharks it takes to destroy Las Vegas. Fans also get to partake in a Q&A session.
- Brian Ward (DVD producer) and Jeff Nelson (senior marketing director) make exclusive announcements, deliver sneak peeks of video from upcoming releases, and more.
- A study conducted by April Fugett, Ph.D. (professor, department of psychology, Marshall University), Keith W. Beard, Psy.D. (professor, department of psychology, Marshall University), Elijah Wise, Britani Black, and Jacob Mills (doctoral students, Marshall University) examined the psychological theory of personality traits called the Dark Triad (machiavellianism, narcissism, psychopathy). Research suggests that people with these personality traits are more likely to engage in self-promotion and be aggressive in their interactions with others on social media. In contrast, other personality theories focus on people being agreeable and open to new experiences. Personality traits for both approaches and over 650 pop culture characters were studied. Results indicate existing relationships between personality characteristics and favorite villains. This information could be used to better promote and best engage people with these traits in media and other venues.
- The San Diego Star Wars Society has prepared a challenging, fun-filled trivia game for fans of the galaxy far, far away. The first game round is for kids ages 5-11, followed by three adult game rounds (ages 12 and up). Test your knowledge of the Star Wars universe, and win valuable prizes.
- 35 years ago saw the release of Heavy Metal, a film unlike any other that had come before: Now we pay tribute to this legendary film with an exclusive live reading from the original script led by Metalocalypse co-creator Jon Schnepp and surprise guests, exclusive news on the new Heavy Metal film, and more!
- Be among the first to see what’s in store for season 3 with a special video presentation, followed by a discussion with series stars and producers. From Warner Bros. Television, Gotham returns September 19 with all-new episodes, Mondays at 8/7c on FOX, and Gotham: The Complete Second Season will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on August 16.
- Thirty years ago, Dark Horse arrived with an agenda different from that of any other publisher in comics. The young company was founded on the belief that comics creators should have the option to retain the rights to their own work, and it continues to be a highly fertile breeding ground for new characters, concepts, and more. Now, the publisher is poised to make headlines again with some of the biggest news about new original work since Frank Miller brought Sin City to the pages of Dark Horse Presents! Panelists offer an exclusive look at upcoming and unannounced creator-owned work from some of the biggest names in and outside the industry.
- Writer/director James Cameron (Avatar) and producer Gale Anne Hurd (The Walking Dead) join cast members Sigourney Weaver (Avatar), Bill Paxton (True Lies), Lance Henriksen (Millennium), Michael Biehn (The Terminator), and Paul Reiser (Red Oaks) for a look back at the iconic science fiction classic in honor of the film’s 30th anniversary.
- Join the series’ cast and creative team for a special video presentation, followed by a discussion of these season 2 hot topics and more!
- An effective musical score is a vital component of storytelling and invites the audience to immerse themselves in a fictional narrative. From the blank page to the orchestral stage, composer Bear McCreary explores the creative process of crafting musical worlds on projects such as The Walking Dead, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Battlestar Galactica, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and more.
- The CW’s Super Hero team-up series returns for its second season as DC’s Legends of Tomorrow airs Thursdays at 8/7c on The CW, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete First Season will be released on Blu-ray combo pack, DVD and Digital HD on August 23.
- The cast and creative team behind the show will be giving fans insight into the show’s highly anticipated third season. The Flash: The Complete Second Season will be released on Blu-ray combo pack, DVD, and Digital HD on September 6.
- Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige and special guests provide an inside look at the ever expanding Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- The cast and creators of the hit CW series will be on-hand for a lively conversation surrounding the upcoming season. Oliver will set out to save his city from a new threat-one that he personally created-as both the newly appointed mayor of Star City and as the Green Arrow. Arrow: The Complete Fourth Season will be released on Blu-ray combo pack, DVD, and Digital HD on August 30.
- Sam Raimi (executive producer), Rob Tapert (executive producer), Bruce Campbell (executive producer/Ash), Lucy Lawless (Ruby), Ray Santiago (Pablo), Dana DeLorenzo (Dana), Lee Majors (Brock Williams), and Ted Raimi (Chet Kaminski) discuss the hit series and preview what’s to come in season 2. Moderated by Dominic Patten, senior editor at Deadline.
- The plucky, portly director and podcaster is back to tell silly stories and talk about his new movie Yoga Hosers, his AMC Network shows Comic Book Men and Geeking Out, directing an episode of The Flash for The CW, his forthcoming Buckaroo Banzai adaptation, and the Mallrats sequel that’s gonna be a TV series! You can’t miss this perennial Hall H highlight (unless there’s something way better going on at the same time, like a Star Wars concert).
- For the first time ever, the original voice cast of M.A.S.K., including Doug Stone (Matt Trakker, Bruce Sato, Dusty Hayes), Brendan McKane (Miles Mayhem, Alex Sector, Floyd Malloy), Sharon Noble (Gloria Baker, Vanessa Garfield, M.A.S.K. Computer), and Mark Halloran (Sly Rax, Buddie Hawks, Cliff Dagger) will be coming together to celebrate the love of M.A.S.K. and take part in a live Q&A session with you, the fans.
- Each year, time is set aside to talk about Comic-Con’s first superstar guest and the man they call The King of the Comics, Jack Kirby. Jack left us in 1994 but his influence on comics, film, and this convention has never been greater. Discussing the man and his work this year are Kevin Eastman (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Kirby biographer Ray Wyman, Jr.,Scott Dunbier (director of special projects, IDW Publishing), and attorney Paul S. Levine. Naturally, it’s moderated by former Kirby assistant Mark Evanier.
- 2016 is the 50th anniversary of the Frazetta-covered Conan revival from Lancer Books, which inspired all Conan activity since, including comic books, movies, live-action TV, animated shows, Dark Horse projects, scores of derivative characters, Arnold Schwarzenegger’s governorship, gaming, and more. Hear from Frank Frazetta’s daughter Holly Frazetta, author/historian J. David Spurlock,Conan historian Jeff Shanks, and the producers of the new Conan documentary, A Riddle Of Steel: The Definitive History of Conan the Barbarian.
Like us on Facebook:
Subscribe to the podcast here at
Lybsyn Directory here:
Wanna tell us something ? email us @