his week is a return to form as Christian and Jason answer a weeks worth of burning geek news questions such as; Is Glenn really walker chow on The Walking Dead? Is Star Wars: The Force Awakens getting a Jedi Master cameo? And what is up with the discs on the Scream Factory release of Army of Darkness? Plus, with both Halloween and Friday The 13th movies being pushed back, what do the fans really want? We discuss that. We also debut a new segment this week along with a Comic book review of what might be the comic of the year, if your a Batman Fan. All this and more this week on The House of Gozer podcast.
Episode 84: This Podcast Will Explode in Ten Seconds.
THE BIG THING
ARMY OF DARKNESS AKA: EVIL DEAD III
Ash (Bruce Campbell) finds himself trapped in medieval times. He must quest for the Necronomicon, a book of evil which can return him to his time. Unfortunately, he releases the evil trapped inside the book and unleashes an army of the dead.
The Walking Dead: Is Glenn Walker Chow?
Of all of the seasons of the Walking Dead non have ever had an opening quite like Season 6 and never before have the stakes been so high. From that opening shot of a quarry full of walkers we knew somehow that not everyone was going to get out of this alive.
Nicolas. You are such an asshole.
So the burning question. Is Glenn really dead? The answer is simply No, He’s not.
My reason is simple, good Story Telling.
So how does Glenn survive?
When Glenn falls to the ground the body of Nicolas falls on top of him. As Glenn realizes where he is the walkers tear into the fresh corpse of the suicidal Nicolas. It appears as if Glenn is in the throws of agony and pain over being consumed by the dead, but is pain is more from the heart as Glenn had hopes for Nicolas he wanted to believe he could become a better man. He was wrong.
So the continuation of the scene is Glenn going from sadness to fear moves quick and scuttles underneath the body of Nicolas while he is being devoured. He can do this because there are so many distracted walkers in such a tight space that they form a type of umbrella for Glenn to scurry under them and underneath the dumpster. From there he can either wait it out until the horde dispenses. There is also a possibility that he finds a manhole and goes underneath the town. Something we have never seen on The Walking Dead. There were scenes in the Comic con preview of sewer walkers so its also a possibility.
Glenn will live and everyone will feel like he is ok. Until Seasons 6 end when his skull gets caved in by Negan.
We will see.
THE RUMOR MILL
Suicide Squad first look via empire magazine
Halloween and Friday the 13th both get pushed back.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST TO HEAR WHAT WE HAD TO SAY.
THIS IS THE COOL SHIT
TRAILERS FROM HELL
- Started by Joe Dante and Jonas Hudson in Oct 2007
- It’s basically directors doing commentary on movie trailers.
- some of the directors are Guilliermo Del Toro, John Landis. Ti West, Edgar Wright, Stuart Gordon, Mick Garris, Bill Duke and others.
- Some of the Trailers seem here are: Romero’s Day of The Dead, First Blood, The Omen, The Fog, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Hill have eyes, Foxy Brown, Scanners and so many more.
The Walking Dead: Invasion
This is the Sixth book from Jay Bonansinga detailing the survivors of Woodbury Georgia. I didn’t care for Decent, The fifth book as I thought it was clumsy and not as fleshed out as it could have been. Invasion sort of rescues that book. Invasion is a dynamic and perilous read.
Dawn of the Dead
I have seen the movie at least 100 times and I think it is the best out of Romero’s original trilogy.
So why an audiobook? Well first of all it’s read by Johnthan Davis who is just legendary but also because it brings to light nuances from Fran, Peter, Steven and Roger that you may not have picked up on while watching it. Plus you learn more about the characters backgrounds and motives.
I will probably be listening to this 100 times.
THE WEEK IN COMICS
Justice League- The Darkseid War – Batman #1
- Batman is the god of knowledge
- Gotham is basically crime feee because he sees things before they happen. He even transports criminals to the South pole.
- Gordon thinks he is nuts for doing this and even batman gets a little freaked out when it is revealed he cannot leave the chair.
- The highlight of the book is the confrontation with Joe Chill.
- after getting chill to gloat about killing the Waynes he reveals to chill that he is Batman
- and how would the criminal underworld react if they knew Chill created the Batman.
Like us on Facebook:
Subscribe to the podcast here at
Lybsyn Directory here:
Wanna tell us something ? email us @